Tuesday, March 30, 2010

No Fighting Allowed, Unless Its Absolutely Necessary

I have always been told, "no fighting allowed, unless it is absolutely necessary".

My wife and I were doing last minute shopping for our niece's Quincenera. When I say last minute, I mean it. Literally...we had 10 minutes to buy shoes and dresses for our two daughters. She took the eldest (12) and I took the little one (6). By splitting up we could cover ground. Some facts: I had just arrived from a long flight, had driven for two hours in traffic to get home, and only had 10 minutes to shop. So I found a pair of shoes and a dress. I made my wife proud, as she returned. As I approached the counter to pay, I was surprised to find that my princess's shoes had allegedly been spotted by another parent.

They said: "those are my shoes"
I said: "I found them on the floor, so they are mine. They are the last pair"
They said: "I have a wedding"
I said: "I have a Quincenera"
They said: "Those are mine"
I was ready to fight for shoes under these "necessary terms"; I was tired and my princess needed to look cute. Again, no fighting allowed... unless it is absolutely necessary! It was absolutely necessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment